A home isn’t complete without a beautiful fragrance to welcome you into it. If you are new to the world of essential oils and fragrance oils, just a little research will have you feeling overwhelmed with all the possible choices of oils and diffusers. A diffuser creates a way for essential oils to be spread throughout your space, whether it is a single room or your entire house. Whether you want to achieve better sleep, feel less stressed or generally lift your mood, a diffuser is a wonderful addition to your home. Each one has a purpose and can be used in various ways. Home Scent Reed Diffuser vs Aroma Nebuliser vs Ultrasonic Mist Diffuser, which one is right for you? And what're the differences?
What type of diffuser should I use?
HYSSES Home Scent Reed Diffuser is formulated with 100% pure essential oils. There is no guarantee of odour consistency and intensity for natural products such as fruits, herbs, and essential oils. The scent profile and intensity may vary based on harvest or distillation batch. Our promise is the genuinity and quality of oil which affects the therapeutic properties. We do not believe in adulteration to ensure scent profile and consistency. It uses wooden or fibre reed sticks, which are placed into a bottle of essential oil plus base solution. Then, the oil travels up the reed from the bottom and the scent is then released into the air when it reaches the top. Reed diffusers last as long as there is oils in the bottle. The oils saturate the reed and evaporate into the surrounding space, which disperses pleasant aromas through the room. Flip the reed sticks every 1 - 2 weeks to refresh the scent.
Do you face respiratory issues or breathing problems while sleeping? Consider having a nebuliser in your room during your essential oil aromatherapy sessions or at night. Often considered the best type of machine for the therapeutic use of essential oil diffusion, the Nebuliser uses cold air nebulising technology to break down the essential oils into microdroplets which are then dispersed into the air as a mist. These microdroplets are the optimum size for inhalation through the lungs, entering the bloodstream, and allowing deep therapeutic action. In addition, the microdroplets can stay suspended in the air for longer periods, maximising the scenting effects and therapeutic benefits of essential oil. The latest series of HYSSES Aroma Nebuliser operates either with or without an adaptor. With an in-built battery that will operate for up to 6 hours, you can also easily relocate it anywhere.
The HYSSES Ultrasonic Mist Diffuser uses ultrasonic frequencies to create vibrations on the water surface. The vibrations produce negative ions and vaporise essential oil into microdroplets. The microdroplets can stay suspended in the air for longer periods, maximising the scenting effects and therapeutic benefits of essential oil. Indulge in HYSSES avant-garde Ultrasonic Water Mist that integrates modern technology with heritage craftsmanship to give that quality statement to your lifestyle. Powered with an in-built battery, the machine can now be easily relocated and moved anywhere conveniently. The machines come with Safety Mark and local technical after-sales support services.
Differences between Home Scent Reed Diffuser, Aroma Nebuliser & Water Mist Diffuser
· Uses the full potential of essential oil. Oil is atomised into tiny particles and dispersed into the air as a waterless mist. The scent strength is stronger than Water Mist.
· For mould or humidity issues, a nebuliser is a better option for water-less operation.
· Only need to switch on for a short period of time as the microdroplets produced by the nebuliser can stay suspended in the air for a longer period of time and maximise the scenting effect and therapeutic action of your essential oil.
· HYSSES Nebuliser uses essential oil-compatible materials i.e. glass, ceramics, or wood to ensure integrity in the benefits of the essential oils (without toxicity) are maintained.
· Water mist atomises both water and essential oil to humidify the air instantly. Low air humidity results in dehydrated & aged skin.
· Higher humidity combat dry air and helps to avoid cold and flu.
· Reduces dust in the air. The water mist diffuser acts as an ioniser, it releases negative ions which attach to positive ions. This causes the dust in the air to fall to the ground.
· HYSSES Ultrasonic Water Mist uses essential oil-compatible materials i.e. glass, ceramics, or wood to ensure integrity in the benefits of the essential oils (without toxicity) are maintained.
· Also known as “fire-free Aromatherapy”.
· Do not require heat, power, electricity, water or flame.
· Safe and fuss-free.
· Least amount of maintenance and is essentially always diffusing.
· Constant scenting: continues to release scent throughout the lifespan of the reeds and fragrance oil in the bottle.
· More affordable and you can choose to place different scents of Home Scent Reed Diffusers in different areas of your house.
· You can reuse the vase (just wash it with warm soapy water) if you wish to change the scent with the HYSSES Home Scent Refill when the current bottle is used up.
· Avoid thicker viscosity oils or paired with thinner oil. (see image below)
· Avoid diluted oils, as well as water-based essential oils.
· The glass filament is very delicate and can be clogged if it is not well cleaned. It requires frequent cleaning with proper maintenance.
· Try to place the nebuliser away from any walls or corners as it emits microdroplets of essential oils in the form of a mist, the mist can get onto items that are placed near the nebuliser.
· Water mist releases a lot of moisture into the air (similar to a humidifier) which may not be ideal for homes that don’t require humidification.
· The scent emitted is slightly weaker as compared to Nebuliser.
· Available in cheaply mass-produced plastics machines which may be mistaken as Water Mist. They may degrade, melt the plastics, and form toxic compounds.
· The speed of usage is faster as it’s always diffusing as long as the reed sticks are placed inside the bottle.
· As it is constantly diffusing, you cannot fine-tune and control the level of scent intensity the way you can with an electric diffuser.
· Depending on the size of the room, some reed diffusers can be either overpowering or go completely unnoticed.
· You will need to change the reed sticks every 2 – 3 months as the dust may clog the sticks and they can get oversaturated.
You can also find the Essential Oil Factsheet if you are unsure of which essential oil blend to buy, also highlighting their profile, benefits, application methods, and precautions. This series of Wellness Guides are created with the intention to help you find a natural solution to improve your health and body, based on the latest scientific insights, research, and direct feedback from our HYSSES customers.
Most Popular Choices for HYSSES Essential Oils:
- Immunity Booster (Bergamot & Geranium)
- Remedies, Cold & Flu (Eucalyptus & Rosemary)
- Chakras, Third Eye (Lemon & Geranium)
- Chakras, Crown (Bergamot & Frankincense)
You can put a single scent or a combination of oils into diffusers. For Home Scent Reed Diffuser, HYSSES has a wide variety of both single scents and a blend of multiple scents for your selection.
Most Popular Choices for HYSSES Home Scent Reed Diffuser:
- Bergamot Geranium
- Bergamot Frankincense
- Plum Yuzu
- Palmarosa Jasmine
- Vanilla Sandalwood
- Lavender Hinoki
- Cedar Patchouli
Differences between HYSSES products versus those in markets
Products in the Markets
· Portable and wireless options
· Fully operational while charging
· Adapter is Safety Mark Certified
· Handcrafted using EO-compatible materials (glass, ceramic etc) to prevent toxicity
· Can choose the scent intensity of the mist
· Auto-off intelligence
· Longer operational hours for overnight ease of use
· 6 months warranty (except for Momentz Nebuliser) from the date of purchase
· Easy assembly with full instructions and video tutorials
· Local technical after-sales support services
· Able to cover a large area of diffusion
· Does not contain plastic, completely non-toxic
· Customisation of name engraving available
Additional Feature for HYSSES Nebuliser
· Selectable 7 choices of LED lights or switch off mode
· 3 modes of intensity selection based on the area or time required to fill a specific area
· Longer operating hours (Up to 6 hours)
Home Scent Reed Diffuser
· Use pure essential oil(s) with natural distilled sugar cane reed base
· Provide true health benefits with pure essential oils
· Have to plug into an electrical outlet
· Not Safety Mark adapter
· Not plastic-free, thus using pure essential oil will break down the plastic over time
· Cannot adjust the scent intensity of the mist
· Only has one mode of running time/running interval time
· No timer setting
· The designs are generic and not as attractive
· Motor can be noisy and irritating
· No warranty for some devices
· Use artificial fragrances, perfume, preservatives and harsh chemicals which are harmful to the body and may cause unwanted side effects
· Synthetic fragrances and chemical carrier oils can be dangerous, especially for individuals with respiratory concerns
· Some reed diffusers contain up to 70% isopropyl alcohol, which may cause irritation to the eyes, drowsiness
Reed diffusers and electric diffusers are effective ways of adding aromatherapy to your home or office. They allow you to enjoy the relaxing and therapeutic benefits of aromatherapy. While there are differences between them, pick the one that suits you the most and start enjoying the many benefits of aromatherapy in the comfort of your own home or office.